Whether you’ve been busy with meetings and projects and skipped lunch or you need something to munch on to keep you awake in the mid-afternoon, it’s important to keep the right snacks on hand. More companies are installing vending machines or snack bars at work, but they don’t always have the healthiest choices. Here are some suggestions of healthy choices to keep on hand.
- Nuts are known for being a nutritious, filling snack. They contain a lot of protein but limit yourself to a handful because they are also often high in calories.
- Dried fruit is another good option because they have carbs to give you energy and don’t need to be refrigerated.
- Cheese sticks are a source of protein and a tasty treat.
- If you have access to a toaster, a bagel with peanut butter is a nutritious snack. It has both carbs and protein and is an ideal choice if you skipped lunch or won’t get dinner until late.
- Protein bars or granola bars are another easy option to keep on hand. Not only are they healthy, but they can satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Popcorn is great if you’re feeling munchy. It’s low in calories and easy to eat while you work.
- V8 juice isn’t a snack, but it is a great way to get your daily allotment of vegetables. It’s also easy to drink while you work.
All of these are healthy snack choices that you can eat while on the go. Keep a variety with you and consider your own nutrition requirements or dietary restrictions for what will work best. It’s always important to not skip meals or snack on junk food if you want to have enough energy to get through the day.