Tips for a Stress-Free Holiday
It’s that time of year again! It’s time for holiday parties, delicious appetizers, wonderful desserts, baking, shopping, decorating and spending time with family and friends. Add all of these festive activities to your normal routine and you may find yourself experiencing added stress at this time of the year. Here are some tips for making your holiday stress-free and more enjoyable:
- Strategize your gift-wrapping. You can always wrap presents early and place bows/ribbons/tags on them later. This way packages can be stacked, easily stored and transportable until you are ready to put the finishing touches on them.
- Don’t overdo it on the Christmas decorations. Sometimes less is more, especially if you won’t be having many guests in your home for the holidays.
- Organize your address book ahead of time. This way you won’t be scrambling to find family and friend’s addresses at the last minute when it’s time to send out holiday cards.
- Create a stash of small, last-minute gifts. When you are out shopping, pick up a few small items that can be used as last minute gifts. Remember these gifts should appeal to anyone: young, old, male, female.
- Plan your gifts according to your travel plans. If you will be travelling (especially by plane), consider using gift cards instead of purchasing actual presents.
- Stock-up on baking staples. This can save many unwanted trips to crowded grocery stores.
- Take time out for yourself. Select a few days to devote just to yourself. Relax and have dinner with a friend, go see a movie or treat yourself to a massage or manicure.
- Decide on a budget and draw up a gift list before you hit the stores this holiday season. This can help keep you from aimlessly wandering the stores in search of that perfect holiday gift.
The trick to remaining stress-free this holiday season is to plan ahead and remember to take time out for you at the end of the day!