The Benefits of Regular Massage
There’s no doubt that a massage can be relaxing. Many people receive massages as a reward for hard work and effort placed in work, home-life, or even working out. For some, the health benefits of massage aren’t even thought of. However, an enjoyable massage can have a large number of benefits for your health. The benefits increase when you receive regular massages.
Massages can help to alleviate pain. Massages are beneficial in:
- Alleviating lower back pain – largely because massages improve blood flow.
- Relieving muscle tension and stiffness. Regular massages can stimulate tight muscles, joint and ligaments while improving range of motion.
- Reducing muscle spasms by gradually stretching and manipulating muscles.
- Relieving eyestrain and tension headaches. All of the muscles in your body are connected. When you experience tense muscles in your neck or back, you are more likely to experience headaches or eyestrain.
Massages can help to reduce stress. Regular massages can:
- Reduce anxiety.
- Promote mental clarity.
- Increase relaxation.
- Help to keep your stress levels in check.
Massages can promote healthier living. By receiving massages you can:
- Lower your heart rate.
- Better control your blood pressure.
- Improve lymph flow.
- Improve blood circulation.
- Boost your immune system.
- Reduce the formation of scarred tissue.
- Improve the health of your skin.
Massage can help you to feel better. Regular massage includes the following benefits:
- Better sleep.
- Improved posture.
- Easier and deeper breathing.
- Enhanced athletic performance.
- Increased awareness of a mind-body connection.